Friday, June 17, 2011

Is it really FRIDAY!?!


Wow... I totally suck at this whole blogging thing! If it wasn't for wifeofasailor.com and MilSpouse Friday Fill-In I'd be in trouble! 

We're getting ready to move to a new house on post and I've been running around like crazy getting our moving dates set up and transportation arranged and all... fun stuff! We'll be moving to the house on the right if all goes well. Glad to take a break from it all and answer some fun questions! :-)


1. Underwear Parties, how old is too old? submitted by Wookie & Co.
I think this is referring to those lingerie parties and I have never felt comfortable going to one so I have no idea! I'm kinda private when it comes to that stuff! I don't really think age has anything to do with it though... if you and your friends are 70 and into that kind of thing, go on with it if it works for you! ;-)


2. What was your favorite class in high school? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
I really loved Sociology. I've always been interested in people and why we do the things we do. That and we had a fun young teacher who made it interesting and he was cute which didn't hurt!

3. Have you ever convinced packers/movers to pack something they aren’t supposed to for a PCS? submitted by Ground Control to Major Mom
Oh sure. Candles, nail polish and perfume come to mind. I've never really had a hard time with it - they tend to pack EVERYTHING! The cleaning stuff I just normally give to neighbors or people I see moving in to new houses on base because I know they had to get rid of their cleaning stuff too!

4. Blogging plays a growing roll in the media. If you were asked to embed as a blogger with a deployed military unit, would you go? What do you think your blog would be like? submitted byTo the Nth
Nope. I considered joining the military a long time ago but decided it wasn't for me. Deployments aren't my thing. 

5. Do you think kids should attend year-round school? submitted by Marrying the Navy
There are pros and cons to both. I think it would benefit kids as they wouldn't have all summer to forget what they learned the year before and would continue to strengthen their education. On the flip side having a few months off is nice too for the kids and the teachers to relax or for military families to travel and see family we don't see all year. They have both schools here in NC and I think we would be fine with either one.

1 comment:

Lady Rynn said...

Hey I'm following from MilSpouse Friday Fill-In. Apparently the kind of party that's an Underwear Party you go and literally sit in your underwear. The lady who gave the question had to explain it because lots didn't understand (I know I didn't ;) ) I'm excited to get to know you better! Thanks for sharing.