Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Lenten Crowns
I honestly forget where I saw this but I thought it was such a cute idea I had to try it with my Religious Ed class! I went to the Dollar Tree and got several 4 packs of play-dough, toothpicks and a pack of purple plates. Then I had my kids make crowns out of dough to symbolize the crown of thorns Jesus wore. Then they each got 40 toothpicks (one for each day of Lent) and put them in their crowns. Each time they help others or do a good deed they remove one of the toothpicks. By Easter all of the "thorns" should be gone and they're going to place flowers in their place. My daughter is really enjoying hers! I'm hoping it helps the kids remember the sacrifice Jesus made for us and inspires them to make good choices! Here's a picture of it....
Labels:
Crafty or Clean

No comments:
Post a Comment