Monday, April 11, 2011

Manic Monday... or not

So what started off as a pretty busy weekend ended up very low key. Friday night we went over to our friends house and grilled out. I so love to grill - it makes me feel like summer time is almost here! We roasted marshmallows and relaxed and enjoyed the nice weather. The nice thing about living in the country is being able to see all the stars. Here's a pic of M&M and her friends.


Saturday we went to the pool on post. It's free and there weren't a lot of kids there so they had a good time.


Yesterday I woke up early and got dressed for church. M&M ended up having a low fever and swollen tonsils... again. So we decided to have a lazy day at home. I think it was for the best... we both needed a down day. 


I was going to go run some errands and get gas today but since it's so high I decided to stay home. I've got some projects around the house to work on and since I'm meeting a friend for lunch in town tomorrow I figure I'll just run my errands then. This living in the country thing is SO new for me. I have never had to plan trips "to town" in the past. I'd just get in my car and go without a second thought. I suppose it's good though. It's teaching me to conserve and not be so wasteful.



Tomorrow night I'm going to a dessert party. I keep going back and forth between making a chocolate trifle and a chocolate cake. Guess what I've been craving... :-) I've been doing really well with eating smaller meals, less carbs and more lean proteins and veggies but I allow myself one cheat night a week and it will definitely be tomorrow! Mexican for lunch and dessert for dinner - can't wait!







No comments: