Friday, April 29, 2011

Fantastic Friday!

I got up early to watch the Royal Wedding! Did you? It was gorgeous! I loved Kate's dress and thought she looked exquisite! I think my favorite part (aside from the vows and the balcony kiss!) is just seeing the love that those two have for one another. Makes me remember back to our wedding day! *sigh* 


Anyhow, I'm so glad it's time for...

Go join it at wifeofasailor.com!

1. Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together
We have not had to make that decision thankfully but if we had to, I know we would do it.




2. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted bySarah Ruth Today
The two things that come to mind are the traveling to new and unexpected places, and the amazing friends we have made!  


3. If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you?  submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
No. Being in the military is a big part of who my husband is. Overcoming the challenges of military life has helped strengthened our family and has brought us great opportunities. I look at it as a positive more than a negative. I am so proud of my military man!


4. What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife
We've only done 5 months not a year but his homecoming was wonderful! We missed him so much and he was so glad to be home. There is always a period of readjustment but we know one another well enough to give each other space. So far it's been great!


5. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?  submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s
I picked out our daughters name. It has family significance and I like that it's meaning is "strong". Her middle name is Elizabeth which is a family name as well. We have no idea on our next child's name but we both agree it will have something to do with our families!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Didn't watch the wedding, but looked at pictures of it afterward. It made me realize that I desperately need to be involved in more occasions in which it would be acceptable for me to wear crazy hats.

Christine said...

LOL... I agree Ashley! The US is in dire need of more occasions for ridiculous hats! All we have is the Kentucky Derby... pathetic! ;-)

Stephanie said...

I didn't stay up to watch the wedding live, but I watched CNN's highlight reel and I have to agree, Kate was absolutely STUNNING. I LOVED her dress. Also, I have to say what was up with all those crazy forehead hats? EW.

Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love meeting new military spouse bloggers!

Steph @ www.dogtagsanddevotion.com

The Vollmers said...

I DVRed the wedding and watched it this morning...I made my sons watch the processional and gave them a mini-lecture about what great brothers William and Harry are to each other . They asked a lot of questions about the uniforms.

My husband was stationed at NC State in Raleigh from 2005-2008 (grad school tour). By far our FAVORITE place we'd been stationed (out of 7 locations).

silver star said...

A man I follow on twitter said he liked being able to show his daughter a real princess wedding (instead of the disney ones), I thought that was a great point of view. I was awake (night owl), but I didn't watch any of it. I really liked her veil in the pictures I saw! Thanks for stopping by my MFF!